Thursday 5 July 2007

Warning: Photo heavy post!

Sorry not updated for ages :( due to awful connection! I don't have much time to write, but have loads of pics for inspiration etc ;)



First of all though, here's a pic of The Boss, asleep on my bed...









Look what I got! Rowanspun 4 ply! Yummy!











Woolfest on Saturday was awesome, I was hoping to bring back a baby one of these:











Or one of these perhaps...














There was lots of felted stuff, which was highly cool, I particulary loved this one -






Here are the things I got - first the Arctic Lace book. It's really interesting, and I can't wait to knit some of the patterns.







Check these! A pound a pair, I got two red pairs, and this yellow pair, sizes 12, and 11 (not sure what mm that translates to). I totally love them! Aren't they wacky!






Here we are, needles and a cone of Lambswool 2 ply from Uppingham yarns. I got a pale colour so I can dye over it ;)










Cheap pure wool, in zany colours, maybe for a felted bag or something, I don't really know.









Beeeeeeautiful Colinette Point 5. I'm not a girly girl, but this was irresistable. Definitely a felted bag I think (suggestions welcome though).











Debbie Bliss Alpaca & silk.... ahhhh *drool* another Forest Canopy perhaps?









Purple home dyed for the Mystery Stole KAL. It's essentially purple, but has red and blue bits in it. It's a little variagated, but if it doesn't look good once knitted, I'll over dye it black I guess. I do rather like this colour though!















I'm knitting my first ever felted bag. I'm making it up as I go along, but here's the sketch of what I hope it'll vaguely look like. I'm sticking it in the machine tomorrow, I'm really excited to see how it turns out!







WIPs - Shoalwater (2nd repeat now), Yoyo jacket (when will it ever end), Felted bag (assuming it works out), and Bamboo socks...


Ciao for now!

4 comments:

Janey said...

Mmmm, very fine additions to your stash! I was trying to decide a favourite but I love them all...perhaps the Point 5?? Looking forward to seeing how your felted bag turns out! More pics of the Boss please, he's lovely!

Soo said...

Oh - do tell more about the Arctic Lace book when you get into it as I've been pondering the purchase for a while.

And I love the purple-y yarn for the MS3 -- I don't think over-dyeing will be required!

ContinentalCat said...

Nice stash! And I want to know more about Arctic Lace too, that sounds very interesting.

And Boss is a cutie!

Janey said...

Hi! Long time, no post- hope you're ok. How did your felted bag turn out?