Thursday 5 June 2008

Horseshoe Stole! Finally!

.... but first, some gratituous yarn photos!

I actually won something yesterday! I won the pimp the swap competition for the UK Swap (on Ravelry). I never win anything so was immensely happy, and this beautiful yarn came this morning!

It's strangely heavy.......



I did some reskeining today.. Blueberry Muffin:


And Dreamtime:




So now I really need to show you some photos of my finished Horseshoe Lace Stole!

Here are a few bits of info:

Pattern - Horseshoe lace, with a simple 4 stitch garter stitch border
Yarn - Natural Dye Studio cobweb mohair, 2 skeins, each of which with 400 yards (I think)
Needles - 2mm, but I cheated and went up to 2.25mm near the end so that it'd get longer!!









All wrapped up, ready for Grandma tomorrow :)


9 comments:

Kai said...

Ohh Congratulations! It looks lovely... *drools*

And I love the shawl, it's stunning. :)

Aglaya said...

Ohh Ohh the stole is beautiful!

Pixie said...

Whooo on winning and that yarn looks gorgeous.
Your Horseshoe Lace Stole is beautiful and lucky Grandma to receive it, beautiful yarn you used:)

ContinentalCat said...

The stole is gorgeous, well done for finishing it in time (knitting can be so stressfull!).

The yarn is yummy, lucky you.

ContinentalCat said...

The stole is gorgeous, well done for finishing it in time (knitting can be so stressfull!).

The yarn is yummy, lucky you.

Bearium said...

Congratulations :)

Lovely stole too, it's a fabulous present.

Cinders said...

your stole is beautiful. I'm sure your grandma will love it

Janey said...

Love the blueberry muffin!

Pop on over to my blog...I've tagged you! Hope you don't mind!

RooKnits said...

The stole is gorgeous - glad you like the STR